Sept. 25, 2019

An important message about rental vehicles outside of Canada and US

If you are travelling, or plan to be travelling abroad on UCalgary business, there are important updates to vehicle insurance processes when renting a car outside of Canada and the US

Now, UCalgary insurance only covers rental vehicles if travellers purchase insurance from the rental vehicle company.

Before setting off on international travels, register travel with Risk Management and Insurance.  As part of that process, note you will be driving a rental vehicle within your country of travel to automatically extend the university’s auto rental coverage on top of the rental company’s coverage purchased. This coverage only applies while renting for university business. 

For more information, visit the Risk Management and Insurance website or contact